What a year it’s been for everyone! As a small business, we certainly couldn’t have predicted the way in which 2020 would pan out. And things don’t appear to be looking up for society as COVID-19 cases peak again and revised restrictions put in place, potentially taking us into 2021.
In terms of the mental well-being of those around us it is pretty apparent that the outlook is bleak. With celebrations put on hold and curfews put in place for the hospitality industry.
Small Business Princes Risborough
But if you’re a small business there is plenty you can do to stay busy, to stay afloat. To protect your business from now and into the future. For many small businesses this doesn’t have to be damaging, but a time to embrace change and look towards the future. Altering the way you work doesn’t have to be negative, but transformative.
Some of the below will perhaps be familiar to you following our long summer of lockdown. But maybe it will also give you food for thought, ways to get creative, adapt and grow, instead of starring down the never ending barrel of this gun and facing potential ruin.
It was Albert Einstein who said:
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
Internet Marketing Near Me
And with the key to success being added value, what can you do to help your business?
- Ensure your internet presence promotes and sells your business, products and services well. This includes your website, social media profiles, eBay or Etsy shops, online directory profiles etc.
- SEO and internet marketing are key to getting found online. A small investment can maximise your exposure to potential clients.
- If you are a shop keeper it’s definitely time to add an online shop to your website. An eShop take you from local high street shop to national or even international seller. It’s also worth considering delivery and collection options. But you can also sell from outlets such as Facebook Marketplace, Etsy and eBay.
- For pubs and restaurants a booking system on your website is an excellent idea given requirements for parties to be no greater than 6, and closing times of 10pm being implemented.
- For those needing to ‘meet’ colleagues and clients Zoom soared in popularity during Lockdown, and allows you to follow social distancing without limiting yourself to just meeting with 5 others.
- Zoom is also a great option for maintaining a connection with the outside world should you or members of your family need to isolate, as COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on the world and mental well-being dwindles, it’s positive to keep in touch with friends and family.
- If you offer training or exercise classes Zoom can also benefit you. Uploading videos to YouTube can enhance your online presence.
- Check out what your competition are doing.
- Be kind, people are really starting to suffer from the longevity of lockdown restrictions and the worry about the illness itself. Small businesses are far better at adding the personal touch. Gestures that are appreciated and far more likely to see them receive repeat business.
- Make your customers aware of the policies you have in place to keep your customers safe. State this on your website.
Web Design Near Me
Cyber Sushi Design are a small web design and internet marketing company in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire with offices in Stokenchurch. We have helped numerous businesses during this crazy period by adapting their websites, adding eCommerce shops and booking forms, content management and copywriting and importantly SEO and internet marketing. All of these things can make your products and services more accessible. If you need a website makeover or need to understand better how you can make the internet work for your business in the era of Coronavirus then get in touch on 01494 356 778 for a chat.