The latest update of the WordPress app introduces a number of improvements to delight bloggers, including a simplified user experience and support for the latest version of iOS.
A WordPress staple, the sidebar navigation panel is no more; with the introduction of the tab bar based layout being favoured due to updates to the Reader, Comments and Notification functions. In addition inline commenting has been improved to enhance the user experience for articles users want to voice their opinion on.
In what WordPress describe as one of their “…largest app releases to date…” we can confirm the new and improved version of the WordPress app includes:
• Exclusive iOS 7 support
• Improved login screen and error message notification
• Simplified tab-based user interface
• Enhanced Reader, Comments, and Notifications
• More seamless inline commenting experience
• Redesigned posts/pages editing and viewing experience
• Support added for deep linking from Twitter
• Various bug fixes
The WordPress team have worked hard to keep the improvements coming bringing the app in line with the latest mobile operating systems; for anyone with a WordPress site, it’s definitely a recommendation from us and is available to download for free from the app store.