Tip 7: Get Link Building
Increasing online links to your website can also help you increase your position in Google and other search engines. This means investing time adding your website to reputable online directories and engaging in discussions / commenting on posts relevant to your industry leaving a link to your website.
Quality links that point people in the direction of your website are rewarded with higher rankings in search engines. Search engines aim to provide users with the most relevant content available therefore it makes sense to increase links available and shared across social media via blogs, discussions, articles and product/services pages. However, avoid building links to rank for a single keyword, instead build links to improve how well your website performs in search engines in order to rank for all targeted keywords.
By building links!
- Post high quality content linking to your website on social media and ensure that people will want to share it.
- Write and/or contribute to blogs. Provide industry relevant content to quality websites with high domain authority, continuous flow of back-links and a great flow of traffic.
- Create links from web pages that currently rank well in search results.
- Instigate discussions with key industry personalities to make yourself visible via social media.
- Find reputable online directories to add your details to; don’t forget to include your website URL.